J-Hope is another very talented singer, dancer, and member of the Korean boyband BTS. His real name is Jung Ho-seok. He also made his debut in 2013 with Big Hit Entertainment.
Alongside being a singer and dancer, J-Hope is an equally talented music producer. Ever making his debut in the musical industry in 2018, he has become one of the very popular superstars not only in his home country but all over the world.
He has managed to amass a huge fan following from all over the world so if you are also a fan of J-Hope and want to learn all about his life, career, relationship, childhood, and net worth then you are in the right place.
So let’s delve into it.
Date of Birth: February 18, 1994
Birthplace: Gwangju, South Korea
Birth Sign: Aquarius
Age: 28 Years old
J-Hope Early Life
J-Hope is currently 28 years old as he was born on 18 February 1994. He was born in Gwangju City South Korea and he was raised by his parents and his older sister whose name is Jung Ji-woo.
Jung was always interested in the entertainment business as he was enrolled at Hanyang Cyber University where he got a degree MBA. Hope later got a degree in Broadcasting and Entertainment when he enrolled at Global Cyber University.
J-Hope was a very talented dancer even before joining BTS. He was one of the popular members of the underground dance group Neuron and he even went to Gwangju Music Academy where he learned dancing for almost six years.
- Jung made his first-ever BTS debut in the South Korean music show M! Countdown in 2013. For some time J-Hope along with his other band members performed together.
- Apart from his performance with his band members, he has also performed solo in some amazing songs such as Intro: Boy Meets Evil, Outro Ego, Just Dance, Mama, and more.
- He also released his second studio album Wings in 2016. In the song Boy Meets Evil, he showcased his never before rapping abilities which has become a pleasant surprise for his fans.
- In 2018, J-Hope decided to release his own solo mixtape named Hope World. The same month he was also featured in the music video of another BTS single Daydream.
- A year later in 2019, J-hope released one of the biggest BTS singles to date “Chicken Noodle Soup” which debuted on 81 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- The track made him the first member of the BTS to chart as the solo artist on the Billboard Hot 100. Furthermore, he also became the only third Korean to chart on the Billboard 100.
- In 2022, J-Hope started his solo career with the solo album “Jack in the Box” which became very popular worldwide.
- Just a month later in July, he made his debut in a huge musical festival Lollapalooza on the final day.
- With that, he made another record by becoming the first ever South Korean to headline one of the biggest musical festivals in the USA.
- In early 2023, he made a documentary that features behind-the-scenes moments of his first solo album and also his first-ever experience in Lollapalooza.
- In 2023, he took the responsibility of joining the military of South Korea which is the mandatory behavior for every citizen in South Korea.
J-Hope Height and Weight
J-Hope stands at the height of 5 ft 10 inches or 1.77 meters and weighs about 65 kg or 143 lbs. He has a lean, thin, and muscular body but hasn’t revealed his body measurements.
He has black color eyes and black color hair and has a long pale face. He is South Korean in terms of nationality and belongs to white- Asian ethnicity. He follows Christianity as his religion.
His zodiac sign is Aquarius which explains his character of being passionate about creative arts, and his ability to make friends due to his emphatetic nature.
J-Hope Net Worth
J-Hope has a net worth of approximately $25 million as of 2023. His main source of income is from his career as a singer and dancer for the South Korean music artist BTS.
Jung also has many brand deals from the brands such as Louie Vuitton, Armani, and Valentino. Apart from his very successful musical career, he has also been equally successful in his dancing and modeling career.
He has amassed huge income over the years and has also accumulated, properties, assets, and investments not only in South Korea and also in the USA.
J-Hope is currently single and has not been dating anyone to date. However, there was a rumor that he was dating a model and fashion designer Irene Kim but neither party confirmed anything about it.
Many media and fans are still pointing out that they might be in a relationship as they often travel together and have also been featured together in a modeling campaign.
However, they have talked about being very close friends but have not admitted to dating each other.
- J-Hope was previously a renowned dancer in the underground group.
- He has an older sister named Jung Ji-woo.
- Hope is a bandmate with other BTS Stars like Jungkook, V, SUGA and, JIMIN.
Image Credit – @J-Hope Instagram