JIMIN is a very popular singer, dancer, and member of the famous South Korean band BTS. His real name is Park Ji-min. Just like another BTS member V JIMIN also debuted for BTS in 2013. After being popular with the joint band BTS, He has also released several solo songs which have become equally popular not only in South Korea but all around the world.
As of 2023, JIMIN is very active on Instagram and has over 47 million fans following his Instagram account.
- Date of Birth: October 13, 1995
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Birth Sign: Libra
- Age: October 13, 1995
JIMIN was born on 13th October 1995 in Busan, South Korea. Park currently lives with his parents and his younger brother whose name is Park Ji-Hyun. In terms of education, he went to Busan’s Hodong Elementary School and then went to Yonsan Middle School.
During that time, he started learning to dance and even joined Just Dance Academy. He was very talented in Popping and locking dance. His teacher was very convinced about his talent so she suggested he give audition for the competition. He eventually did and was selected by Big Hit Entertainment. This started his journey to become one of the most popular members of BTS.
- In 2012 JIMIN joined BTS alongside other members such as Jungkook and V. However he made his musical debut in 2013 as a dancer and vocalist.
- He did not release any solo music until 2016 and then released back-to-back solo singles in “Lie, Serendity, and Filter which became hugely popular worldwide.
- By the time in 2019, he became the first member of BTS to reach 100 million views on his only solo project which redefined the solo career of every BTS member.
- JIMIN also released the single “Promise” on his sound cloud which surpassed the song from Drake and broke every record possible.
Height and Weight
JIMIN stands at the height of 5 ft 9 inches or 1.75m and weighs about 61 kg or 134 lbs.
JIMIN has an estimated net worth of approximately $20 million as of 2023. His main source of income is from his career as a singer, album sales, concerts, and shows. He is also a brand ambassador for the very popular brand Dior.
JIMIN is currently single and has not been in a relationship since high school. He has revealed that he dated a really sweet girl in high school and even met her family. Park did not disclose her name but revealed he was very sad when the couple broke up.
- BTS members call JIMIN as mochi however his nickname is also JIMINIE.
- He learned dancing and popping when he was just 10 years old.
- Park won a dance competition and signed up for Big Hit Entertainment.
- JIMIN and Jungkook are popular members of BTS.
Image Credit – @JIMIN Instagram