Oliver Scott Sykes is an English singer, songwriter, and entrepreneur, best known as the lead vocalist for the British rock band Bring Me The Horizon. He is the founder of the popular clothing brand Drop Dead Clothing. Moreover, he is also the founder of a vegan bar and restaurant called Church: Temple of Fun located on Sheffield’s Kelham Island.
- Date of Birth: November 20, 1986
- Birthplace: Ashford, England
- Birth Sign: Scorpio
- Age: 36 years old
Oliver Sykes was born on 20 November 1986 in Ashford, England to Ian and Carol Sykes. The British singer moved to Australia as an Infant and later settled in the UK when he was eight years old. Sykes attended Stocksbridge High School and he gained higher education at Barnsley College.
- Oliver Sykes started crafting a compilation of CDS and short tracks under the name Quakebeat in his teenage years.
- Then, Sykes joined the mock hip-hop band “Womb 2 Da Tomb” with his brother Tom Sykes and Matt Nicholls.
- Sykes formed Bring Me The Horizon in 2004 and released their debut EP “This is What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For” in 2004.
- The band consists of Jordan Fish, Lee Malia, Matt Kean and Matt Nicholls alongside Oliver Sykes.
Height / Weight
Oliver Sykes stands at 1.85 m or 6ft in tall and weighs approximately 69 kg or 152 lbs.
The English singer-songwriter has an estimated net worth of $2 million as of 2023. Sykes’s main sources of income are his professional as lead vocalist for Bring Me The Horizon and his clothing company Drop Dead Clothing.
Oliver Sykes started dating Alissa Salls who is a Brazilian model turned-singer. The couple got married on July 22, 2017.
Previously, Sykes was married to Hannah Snowdon but they got separated in 2016.
- Oliver Sykes is an atheist and he has claimed it saying “I don’t believe in God”. Moreover, his religious views can be observed in some of his songs.
- Sykes had survived a deadly car crash when he flipped a car as he was drunk while driving.
- Sykes has been suffering from sleep paralysis from an early age of 12.